Monday, April 19, 2010

FarmVille Finalists

As promised, here are some of the FarmVille quilts that we liked a lot but that didn't make it into our second issue! The Facebook game that lets you grow crops in the design of a quilt scares me—everyone I know who plays says it's mighty addictive. In fact, Ricky talks about that very thing in the Digital World section of the new issue. He succumbed to it, though I think he has that under control now. Look for TQL June issue to find out more about FarmVille, if you dare.
       It's almost time to head to Paducah and I can't wait. I had loads of fun in The Quilt Life booth at Lancaster and I'm expecting to have even more at the AQS Paducah show. Sooooo many people came to the booth to tell me how much they enjoyed the first issue of TQL. That makes an editor's day. TQL has a booth at Paducah too. Come by to visit! I'll try to capture Ricky to spend a little time in the booth with me between classes and other commitments.

3 comments:

  1. I never would have thought of using FarmVille to design a quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I play Farm Town, and my fields are quilt designs quite often.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jan,
    I loved the new issue-thread is one of my obsessions. :)
    I especially like the way the cover feels-it's so different than the usual glossy paper for covers.

    ReplyDelete