Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Workmanship matters

You surprised me! The survey about what's most important to you--saving time, saving fabric, or improving accuracy--showed that an overwhelming majority of you were concerned about your workmanship most of all. We tend to call the shortcut techniques "timesavers" but that doesn't paint an accurate picture of why we love them. More than three quarters of survey respondents valued workmanship most, and I have to count myself part of that group, too. Yes, saving time is important for those of us who have to work hard to carve out a time for quilting as often as possible. For me, saving fabric has value too, especially because I make scrap quilts. But when I want my patchwork to come out the way I envision it, that's what I want, and I will stand for nothing less. Accuracy matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment